Tuesday 13 May 2014

Beer Rebrand// Inital Ideas// Modern Beer Branding

Objective// Rebrand and old beer and make it modern. 

Beer Research

Weekend Beer 


Above is a beautiful example of a black label with what looks like gold foiling. This beer label contains many modern looks but at the same time maintains an old look. The old look I feel suggests a trust worthy beer with years of experience and happy customers.

The gold connotes wealth and royalty. The black is an interesting colour and I can't  quite pin point how I feel about it. I do like it but trying to example it fails me. Lastly, I adore the simplicity of the label. The illustrations are very simple yet effective. This is potentially something I want to achieve.

Dru Bru


I chose to blog about this example because of its load and bold use of type. However, I'm not a fan of this beer bottle. To me it looks more like a medicine bootle. The black and white colours enforce this, it's a very cold looking beer, by cold I mean it contains no warmth or personality. 

State Brew Miller 


The packaging is the main reason why I decided to blog about this beer, Is this something I decide on doing? I think this would be a lovely finish to the beer bottles. In terms of the design of these bottles and the packaging, I'm not that much of a fan. It's not like a beer bottle I've ever seen, the colours are very different to what I'm used to seeing. 

Golden Fleece Bitter Ale 


I very much like this example, I feel this will be my main source of inspiration and colours. I simple love the illustrations that combine and work so well with the colours and type. In terms of finding a modern design, I think this ticks all the boxes. 

Root Beer 


Beer bottle. Love this cap, however, when I see these on top of beer bottles I always feel it's such a waste of money! However, it does look amazing and I am very much tempted to use this on my bottles. 

But why?

I think it is simply a matter of making the bottle look nice, that and you could say it keeps the beer fresh, but judging from experience a beer that has been opened will be drunk then and there. Then again that is the main purpose for such a lid/ cap thing.

Great America Pale Ale// Three Examples


Here are 2 rebrand examples of The Great American Pale Ale. I am very much into examples 1 & 3. I very much like the colours use in example 1 and also how the letter fade into each other, the playful use within opacity draws me in. It does make it look like a beer for Autumn though! The third example 

La Catrina 


The mocking up in this example has inspired me to do something similar. By mocking up my design I will be able to get a very clear idea of what my final work will look like. In case your interested I didn't choose this because of the design on the bottle. I might just because of the mock up not paying any justice to the design but it doesn't look that great here!

Alliance 


Finally, we have this very lovely example, I admire the simplicity within colour and use of text. It's simple yet the point. Its perfect in many ways! The finish is so professional and very attractive. Secondly aside from the zine, I like how the logo has been applied to a glass. This is a idea, to get the logo of title of the beer put across different products. Beer mats for example.



No comments:

Post a Comment