Thursday 1 May 2014

Einstein's Idea// Final Photos// Self Evaluation








Self Evaluation 

I have done quite a lot of cover art this year and I must admit I really enjoy it. The photo I have wanting to use for a long time now and when it came to listening to Johnny Fylnn's latest album I happened to find the song that would work with the photo. Which is some cases isn't exactly how you are mean't to go about designing an album cover. If I was ever asked to design one I would have to be quick to get started. Not wait around!

The song is called 'Einstein's Idea'. The cover is very self explanatory and when listening to the song I feel the photo very much suits the feeling of the song. That and the font. The font was inspired from the actual album cover . The font on that cover is this nice handwritten script font.

Once the cover was done I went on to thinking about the inner sleeve and the 7" record with it's centre labelling. I quickly noticed that the right side of the photo was fading in into this nice blue colour and it so happened that this colour became the colour of the inner sleeve and the centre labelling.

I straight away knew what colour I wanted the record to be but I knew it wouldn't be easy to find straight away. Never the less I got straight onto ebay and began searching. After not to long I stumbled across the perfect record and for only £5 including postage and packaging.

When it came to mocking up everything I found this easy and enjoyable as during this year I have had a lot of experience with putting 7" sleeves together. I wish I had a go at making more 7" covers. This brief happens to be the smallest out of all my briefs. I should have taken one song to design a cover to every month or so. It's a real shame that I won't have the printing facilities at this college when I leave! It's been to easy to get such a fantastic finish with so amount of stock to choose from at such a low price. All in all the brief has been smooth and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment