Monday 12 May 2014

George Simms Photography// Business Card Development

The plan with George's business cards is to make a total of 100. This will mean he will have more than enough for the end of year shows. For the sake of my project I will only have 20. Considering the final exhibitions aren't for a fair few weeks and time is rather precious, George and I have decided to continue all the business cards at a later date and just make a few to see what everything will look like.







TYPO! Photography spelt wrong!

So this happens to be a problem that always happens to me and it's a real nightmare! You can see from the example above that photography is spelt wrong on the first line. This is very bad as I printed on the special stock I bought. Now I have no option but to print on watercolour paper, this isn't a bad thing at all! It's just the finish won't be quite as special.

...............................................................................................................................................

Business card fixed. 





Kerning fixed, when replaceing the 'g', the kerning was a bit off. It didn't take long to fix and it had to be done by eye considering the font had been flattened. 

...............................................................................................................................................

REPRINT// Triplexing 






Considering I had just wasted my special 300gsm paper. I had to reprint on a different stock, that stock being a 200 or so gsm water colour paper, the same paper that I used for my business cards. Because this stock is very thin, as you can see in one of the photos above. I decided the best way to go about this was to triplex them.

Although the effect won't be that visual as the card in the middle is although white, the business card will be thick and have a lovely finish. These are currently under a large selection of books I found around the studio drying. I will get back to them at a later date when I feel they have dried properly. There is a total of 90 cards which is a very large amount. Cutting these out will be very time consuming but like I said, I will only be photographing 20 inside the envelope with the leaflet. 



40 cards cut out, out of 100 ^^

...............................................................................................................................................

Stamp on Business Card. 




Evidence of stamp, both stamps look great! Its just a decision of choosing the best one now for the end of year show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment