Tuesday 6 May 2014

Personal Branding// Process and Final Photos Business Cards

Process











Final Photos

















I am extremely pleases with the outcome of my business cards I just wish there could be more of them. Triplexing is a technique I found out about earlier in the year. I wanted to use it to make my business cards. This is done by layering 3 pieces of card on top of each other to create this sandwich of paper. The overall outcome is very striking. 

I simply used the printer in the studio to make the back of the card and then with my stamp, stamped the front. The front was done after the cards where cut out. When it came to sticking the card together. I was told to use a gluestick, this seemed a bit risky but I trusted to advice and moved forward. I left the 3 pieces of card to dry under a large piece of wood over the weekend. This really did the job and the paper was glued perfectly together.

Cutting was the next job and despite not knowing what to expect found this an easy process in which I experienced no mistakes. This did take a while but once it was done I was very pleased. I do however find the corners quite sticky from the glue but I'm hoping this will go away after time. 

Stamping was next and this went very well. I love how grainy and smudgy the effect is. It really feels hand made and indicates more that I am a graphic designer that works in design for print. The final photos were easy enough in there was a space for me to use. I decided to make them black and white as the the only colour is the wood on the stamp and that's no exactly very important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment