Monday 12 May 2014

George Simms Photography// Final Photos for George Simms Photography Branding & Self Evaluation










Self Evaluation

The cooperation between George and myself has been overall very successful and this is why this brief has worked out so well for the both of us. Considering George was very keen to be part of this brief, we had no problems with talking about the work and I had no problem getting quick feedback from him. I would always know within good time if he was happy with something or not.

This brief was very hands on. When I say ‘hands on’ I mean mostly all this brief was hand made, from the business cards to the envelops. The only thing that wasn’t hand made was the leaflets that we decided to get printed online. The envelops were really the only pain about this brief as we made a total of fifty and making just one was a real mission. Luckily for me, George again was more than happy to help and in the end we did about twenty-five each. 

The leaflets were simple enough as designing was the only thing I had to do. When I had finished and checked for any spelling mistakes I sent a PDF version to George who also double checked it before sending it over to printed.com. They arrived in very good time which meant I had good time to photograph anything.

I did have some trouble with the business cards as I had a major spelling mistake before printing and didn’t realise. I set about cutting all the business cards before realising my error. This wasn’t the end of the world as I still had lots of time to fix my error. When had been fixed I decided to go about cutting my cards differently. I wanted to do the same for George as I did for myself. Tripelexing is a new technique I have adopted and I find the finish tremendous.

Again, this brief has been a real success and I am so happy that George agrees. I look to forward to his final year show to see his promotional pack there.


No comments:

Post a Comment